Friday, November 25, 2011

I am thankful for the kid's table

Most parents do a great job at instilling table manners in their kids when they turn into a human from a baby--I did.  Here's the thing--like with EVERYTHING else and kids--you have to continue to remind them how to act/behave while eating. 
Imagine Tatyum at a dinner table....yes, it's as funny as you're picturing it and yes, it's as gross as you're picturing it.
It has enlightened me on why the kid's table was invented at holidays.
Several years ago Taytum interrupted Thanksgiving dinner to leave the table and show us, including my Grandma, her impression of a snake (this asside waaaaaas incredibly hilarious).  However, the look on my Grandma's face--pure confusion.  I don't think kids left the dinner table to do snake impressions back in the day : /
A year or two after that Thanksgiving Taytum interrupted dinner to get out of her seat and show us, including my Grandma, the "Sprinkler" and the "Shopping Cart" (again...hilarious...not at the dinner table--on Thanksgiving--with my Grandma) ha
THIS YEAR...the year that has determined we will be purchasing a kid's table, even though Tayter is the ONLY child...she has earned herself her own table...

Tay:  "I tricked a boy in my class the other day"
Me:  "Oh yeah?"
Tay:  "Yeah, I made him think I was barfing"
Me:  "Taytum...not now..we're eating"
Tay:  "It's okay...it doesn't get gross or anything"
Me:  "Yeah but you need to practice not talking about bodily funcitons/fluids at the table--when you eat at other people's homes they will not enjoy this"
Tay:  "I know, I don't--really, it's not gross, I'll tell you, it's really funny..."
(She proceeds to do both the actions, facial expressions, and the sound effects of actual barfing)
Me:  "Well at least it didn't get gross"
Tay:  "it was sooooo funny...he thought I was really barfing"

We will have a kid's table by Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment