Monday, March 5, 2012

I'm Rubber...You're Glue

A fun part of having a school-age kid is getting to hear all the old sayings that WE used...and some new ones...and I must say...kids' creativity has gone to shit.

Case and Point:

"Mom, You're Cool"
"Preachin' to the choir Tot."

Pause:  I usually send people Memorandums notifying them that I'm cool sooooo I was a little surprised she didn't KNOW this already--especially since she has her own EMAIL ADDRESS!!!...public school systems have gotten better with teaching technology earlier--I don't remember learning how to turn on a computer until 4th grade when I rocked the hell out of some Oregon Trail.

UnPause:
"Noooooo....You're C.O.O.L....Constipated, Overgrown, Oversized, Loser!!!!"
"Hmmm....that's lame....Overgrown and Oversized sorta mean the same thing....back to the drawing board TODD (Read "I'm right you're wrong if you haven't already").

No comments:

Post a Comment