Thursday, August 4, 2011

Say What?!

I think the funniest things about kids in general is that they repeat phrases that adults say...but usually out of context...or they mix up a key punch line...it's the best...here's a few mix ups/misunderstandings of Tay's that kiiiilll me

Process of trying to find the scissors
Dad "Taytum grab the scissors for me"
Tay (after looking in the drawer) "They're not in here"
Dad "where are they?"
Robin "well Beck had them last so they're probably somewhere they don't belong.  I think I saw them in the bathroom"
Me:  "why would they be in the bathroom?!?!"
Tay (after going to look in the bathroom) "well....I guess aunt robin has the brain of a hyena!" (holds up scissors) "they were in there!"

Wrong Anatomy

This is from last year but I remembered it as we were watching AFV and there was a montage of nut shots---or as taytum says "Oooo right in the pant crease"..haaaha
Anyways...last year...
Me:  "how was school?"
Tay:  "good, except I got kicked in the nuts"
Me: speechless
Tay: "What are nuts?"
Me: "you don't have any"
Tay:  "ohhhhh" (finally realizing what nuts are) "I didn't get kicked in the nuts"

Sleepover process
 Me:"did you get Alyssa's phone number so you can invite her?"
Tay: "no i gave her mine"
Robin: "what if she doesn't call you?!?!"
Tay (very puzzled at why she didn't think of that)
Robin: "you better hope she doesn't have a life--one day isn't very much notice for her parents"
Tay: "GROSS Robin!"
Us: "what?!?"
Tay: "If she comes here....and she's DEAD...that's so gross!!!"

Don't Forget the Lyrics
In 2nd grade the kids take turn rehearsing the Pledge of Allegiance over the loud speaker..a few days before Tay's turn we suggested she rehearse it in front of us
...
Tay:  "...And to the republic, for Richard stands.."
Us:  Oops..it's not 'for Ricard stands'
Tay: "what is it?"
Group: I pledge my allegiance...yada yada...mixed up the lines altogether..finally Robin blurts out...
Robin: "It's for Better or Worse"
Bahaaaa...nope those are wedding vows
This went on and on...we finally got it right :)  And she rehearsed it perfectly :)

Guess it's not always the kids that mix stuff up : /

No comments:

Post a Comment