Thursday, August 4, 2011

Food For Thought...Literally!

Taytum is a FOODIE....everything and anything always gets related to a food.  She's hungry all the time and something always smells like some sort of food.  Thankfully she's not a picky eater so she's experienced a wide variety of cuisines--which usually adds to the randomness of her associations.

In response to her anti-itch cream for mosquito bites:  "This smells like that one time when I ate a green fruit snack and a purple fruit snack at the same time!  Grossss (insert gagging effects)"

In response to trying to dive over a flotation raft:  "Do you want me to do it the hamburger way or the hotdog way?"  whaaaaaat??!?!

In response to an Eminem song on the radio:  "Who sings this?" Me: "Eminem"  "M & M?!?! Whyyyy is his name M & M?!?!  That must be his favorite food!  When I'm famous I want to be called Skittles--no no no...RIBS...I looooooove ribs!"  Oyi!

These just occurred this week so they're fresh on my mind and I'm struggling to think of any other concrete examples but it's usually the first thing out of her mouth whenever we enter a building..she'll say..."It smells like ------ in here"--always a food and it usually leads to her saying she's hungry within 2 minutes.

Needless to say she does not practice the five second rule--she once told me that she found a piece of candy at the park and ate it because...well..she loves candy.

She's also been known to smell my breath and then probe me with questions demanding what I ate and can she have some?!?

Taytum could be in another room or level of the house and if she hears a wrapper being opened or the sound of a fork/plate interaction....she's there sppppeeeedy quick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment