Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hell's Kitchen

As a firm believer in 'knowing how to cook' is the ultimate necessity in life--I teach Taytum how to cook or involve her in the process as much as possible (and she usually likes it).  If you read "Creating A Monster" you'll remember how easy it is to 'damage' children....it turns out I'm a pro at this.

Tonight Taytum and I were trying to dwindle the mountain of zucchini we have coming from the garden by baking zucchini-blueberry bread.  She was pretty much in control of the whole process but I checked in on her here and there and riiiiiiight as I turned to grab the pans I turned and noticed a rather significant amount of brown liquid floating on top of the batter that was, 3 seconds previously, ready to go--Taytum and a bottle of Vanilla Extract were conveniently next to the bowl...

Me:  "WHAAAAT is that brown stuff?!?!"
Tay: "I don't know"
Me:  "It wasn't there 3 seconds ago--did you add Vanilla?!?"
Tay: "No"
Me:  "I NEED to know!  Baking is a science Taytum!"  (I never said I didn't over exaggerate)
Tay  "Yeeeeah...I wanted it to taste good"

I proceeded to forget the whole "count to 10" rule and explained that ingredients are expensive, it could ruin the batter, waste of time...yada yada...: - /  (I appologized--aaaaafter she dramatically exited the kitchen and made it known that she didn't want to cook with me anymore anyways!) 

Later in the evening I went into my bathroom to brush my teeth and there was an envelope addressed to "Rabecca".  Inside was a note, folded in 3rds--brochure style.  It read..."Very Sorry for putting more vinnila in the zuceny bread.  I will if you want me to, I can buy more stuff for you but I don't have anuff money but I could save up but I do not want to sorry.  : (  "    (Very similar to the Proactive she wanted to buy me for my birthday except that she decided she'd rather save up for toys for herself)  Hahaaa....again...it's the thought that counts.

She also drew me word puzzles to solve--all of them were her name either scrambled or missing letters (adorable).

Hopefully she'll want to cook with me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment