Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Regular Sally Struthers

 When the Tot turned 5 she had her wellness check up where she got all her immunizations for school.  It was pretty rough--thankfully I had taken my sister so between the two of us we had to pin her down and try to distract her from the nurses giving her the shots....Robin and I cried harder than Taytum did!

When we were leaving the office Taytum made a comment about wanting to be a nurse when she grows up...

"That's nice--so you can help people feel better?"
"No!  So I can give other people shots--that hurt!"

Such a giver!

This morning when I was getting ready for work Tay asked me "Mom?  What is the #1 thing you care about in the WHOLE WORLD?"
"You"
"Well the thing I care most about is the homeless"
"Interesting..."
"I do, I can't help it...I just feel so bad for them"  (It's the randomness of this comment that made me laugh--not the thought--we all know how thoughtful Taytum can be--until it involves money)

That's nice of her--but honestly they make more money than I do! And considering I caught her taking money from the "donation" jar and putting it into the "Taytum" jar when she was in kindergarten I'm guessing she cares just as much about giving them her money as she does about buying me proactive for my birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment