Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Techno Tot

Remember when we were in 4th grade and got to use those small IBM computers to play Oregon Trail?.... Deffinately NOT what the Tot does in 4th grade...

A few times a week Tay asks to use the laptop and it's usually to play super weird computer games.  Every half hour or so I check in on her juuuuuust to make sure she's not watching inappropriate YouTube videos--again, losing her piggy bank on some poker game, creating a Facebook profile, downloading $30 worth of apps/games/songs onto my itunes account--again, or ending up on "To Catch A Preditor". 

Tonight she asked for the laptop and was using it for awhile when I peaked behind her....to find.... she was in the middle of creating.... a POWER POINT PRESENTATION!! ahaaahhaaaa

I was floored considering I was easily in High School when I learned how to do that....and maybe a senior in college before I ACTUALLY needed to use it...and here sweet little Tot was creating a Power Point presentation on Thanksgiving...for the fun of it...complete with photos and the Wikipedia definition.---which I was a little relieved because 2 days ago we got into an argument about why we celebrate the holiday.   She INSISTED that the holiday was created to celebrate parades...NO JOKE.

Moral of the story... what happened to Oregon Trail????

No comments:

Post a Comment